Paris Climate Conference Agreement Signed
April 22, 2016 New York, USA
Minister of Environment and Urbanization Fatma Güldemet Sarı signed on behalf of Turkey the Paris Climate Agreement, which was attended by UN Members in 2015 at the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
Important Notes, Items and Lines:
Some of Minister Sarı's statements regarding the agreement:
* " The success of the agreement will depend on the fulfillment of commitments related to adequate financing and technology transfer. "
* " Turkey has declared that by 2030 it will reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by up to 21% from the current situation."
* He said that in terms of sustainable development, it depends on "protecting the environment ", " increasing people's quality of life " and " ensuring economic development ".
Minister of Environment and Urbanization Fatma Güldemet Sarı, from her speech at the Paris Conference
Turkey's 2030 Solar and Wind Renewable Goals:
* As explained in the National Intent Contribution Statement, it will increase the installed power of 10 thousand megawatts in 2030 for solar energy.
* To increase electricity generation from wind energy to a capacity of 16 thousand megawatts by 2030